Siegius Arena Siegius Arena

I love the idea of this game. Execution is a bit lacking.

I found out pretty quickly I could keep my sword-shield combo and spam light attack/magic to beat the game. This meant 2/3 of the weapons were useless to me and if armor didn't offer power, I didn't buy it. In fact, with the exception of SOME weapons and the health potions, buying upgrades didn't have an obvious effect on gameplay.

Graphics were good, and the mechanics flowed nicely, but the button configuration was a nightmare! I developed carpal-tunnel from the four keys in a row! Not to mention how many times I mis-hit a potion when I wanted to use magic. And in the 'world' screens, making us go from two hands on the keyboard to the mouse is just cruel. I'd find a way to make the controls much more intuitive for a game like this, otherwise it ruins gameplay.

Music was excellent. For as much as I played this game, it didn't get old or repetitive. But for those other factors, which were always present, it reminded me that this idea has been done to death, instead of inspiring me to care about the protagonist.

I so badly want to like this game. But it feels rushed, or worse, un-tested before release.

The Drawing Grounds The Drawing Grounds

Why did it take someone so long to come up with this!

It's like heroin - I can't quit!

Zombies In Your Backyard Zombies In Your Backyard

I love this game!

But who keeps selling him all those guns?

Thoreau Thoreau

Nice!

Very well done guys! This is one of those games you'd think came from a studio, or at least took more than 96 hours to develop! Well done.

3D-xelu responds:

Haha.. wow.. THANKS :O

They're Chasing Me They're Chasing Me

Ah gamejam!

That was some good programming, bud. And it's amazing what we can come up with as a community, no? 96 hours of work translate into thousands of hours of play for thousands of people. Too cool!

Good job!

I'm jealous.

There I said it.

This Game Makes Sense This Game Makes Sense

That game was hard

Holy rainbow vomiting clowns, Batman! Trippy stuff happening here, I like it.

Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to preserve it. Has it ever been said that a man who HOLDS SPACEBAR to escape from a fire is guilty of suicide? Rousseau (with a little help)

Manly-Chicken responds:

But what if he caused it himself?

Freigeist Freigeist

Good job

Awesome stuff guys. To think that four of you pulled this off in 96 hours is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the other submissions!

Good work.

.Loneliness. .Loneliness.

Hrm...

Why were there different fonts, am I that drunk, or were you? Also, not really a game - which has been said. Also, boob hills.

Clock Hunt Clock Hunt

Um, hi

When you're in town, wearing some kind of uniform is helpful. Policeman, priest, etc. Driving a tank is very impressive; or a car, with official lettering on the side. If that isn't to your taste, you could join the revolution, wear an armband, carry a homemade flag, tie it to a broom handle or a placard, bearing an incendiary slogan. At the very least, you should wear a suit, carry a briefcase and a cell phone. Or, a team jacket, a baseball cap and a cell phone. If you're in the woods - the back country, someplace far from any human habitation, it is a good idea to wear orange and carry a gun, or depending on the season, a fishing pole, or a camera with a big lense. Otherwise, it might appear that you don't know what you're doing, that you're just wandering the Earth, no particular reason for being here. No particular place to go.

Manly-Chicken responds: